- Galleries closed October 10 – 22 for exhibit installation.
|Tuesday – Friday||10 am – 5 pm|
|Saturday||10 am – 3 pm|
Closed Sundays, Mondays, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.
In case of inclement weather, check the calendar for information on closings and delays.
Admission to the museum’s galleries and grounds is always free through the membership support of people like you. There is a charge for some special events, such as classes, lectures and performances.
- Mask required, even if you have been vaccinated for COVID-19. The Piedmont Arts staff is fully vaccinated.
- No one with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19, or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days, is permitted in the establishment.
- Guests must maintain six feet of physical distance between people who do not reside in the same household.
- Occupancy cannot exceed the lesser of 50% of the lowest occupancy load on the certificate of occupancy, if applicable, or 50 patrons.
- Learn more here.
215 Starling Avenue
Martinsville, VA 24112
Parking space for cars and buses is free and available on museum property.
The ground floor and main galleries of Piedmont Arts are accessible by stairs or passenger elevator. The Box Mezzanine Gallery and museum offices are accessible by stairs only. The museum has a manual wheelchair available for free usage on a first-come, first-served basis. If a wheelchair is needed during your visit, please ask front desk staff for assistance.
Unless otherwise posted, personal photography in the galleries or on the Piedmont Arts grounds, taken in existing light, is permitted on condition that the photographs are for noncommercial use.
Commercial photography in the Piedmont Arts galleries and on the Piedmont Arts grounds is not permitted, unless pre-approved by Piedmont Arts staff. To request permission to to take commercial photography in the Piedmont Arts galleries, please contact the Executive Director.
Piedmont Arts cannot answer questions regarding the value, provenance or attribution of any work of art. For a list of reputable organizations that may be of assistance, click here.